How We Collect Information
We may collect information about you via the following means:
- Directly from you, when you provide information to us or interact with us;
- Automatically from you, when you utilize or interact with our Site or Services;
- Directly from you, when you complete forms or donate to us;
- From other third party sources that provide consumer data, such as information about your interests or demographic information.
If you decline to provide us with the personal information we require, then your ability to use certain aspects of our Site or Services may be limited.
Information We Collect
In order to better provide you with our Services, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Contact information and any other information you choose to include when you communicate with us via e-mail, mail, phone or other channels;
- Device information when you utilize our technology platforms, including as model, serial number, device location, usage data, and operating information;
- Online User Activity described in the next section;
- Biographical information when you inquire about or apply for a position with us.
If you provide us with information regarding another individual, you represent that you have that person’s consent to give us his or her information and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Policy.
Online User Activity, Cookies and Information Collected by Other Automated Means
When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is automatically collected. This includes:
- Usage Details about your interaction with our Services (such as the date, time, and length of visits, and specific pages or content accessed during the visits, search terms, frequency of the visits, referring website addresses);
- Device Information including the IP address and other details of a device that you use to connect with our Services (such as device type and unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number);
- Location information where you choose to provide the website with access to information about your device’s location.
Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, which may be operated by our partners who assist us in providing other services to you. Below is a list of our partners with links to more information about their use of your data and how to exercise your options regarding tracking.
You may be able to opt out tracking by cookies or control how information collected by cookies is used via a number of means, as described below.
How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following reasons:
- Enhance the quality of the Services we wish to provide in connection with the Services;
- If you make a donation, we will use this Personal information to track your donation history;
- To carry out our obligation to you arising from your sponsorship, and any other contract entered into between you and us;
- To process donations and sponsorships;
- To fundraise in accordance with our internal policies and procedures;
- Respond to your requests, questions and comments and provide donor support;
- To support our legitimate interests of maintaining and improving the user experience, and the Site;
- Monitor the performance of our Site including metrics such as total number of visitors, and traffic;
- Tailor the content we display to you in our Services and communications, including advertising, and offer products and services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Manage, operate, and improve the Services and grow, including understanding our donor base and the effectiveness of our events, promotional campaigns, and publications, and diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Evaluate, recruit, and hire personnel;
- Comply with legal requirements and industry standards, detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, and protect the rights of BeYourPossible, you, or others.
We may use and share information in an aggregated or de-identified manner at our discretion, including for research, analysis, modeling, marketing, and improvement of our Services.
How We Share Your Information
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers that we believe need the information to perform a technology, business, or other professional function for us such as billing and collection, IT services, maintenance and hosting of our Services, payment processors, marketing partners, accounting, auditing, and tax services, and other professional services.
- Analytics. We partner with analytics providers, who collect information via tracking technologies on our websites to assist us with measuring visits and traffic on our websites so we can measure and improve the performance of the sites.
- Corporate Event. We reserve the right to transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
- Legal. We share information where necessary to comply with applicable law, regulations, subpoenas, or to respond to requests from law enforcement agencies or other government authorities or third-parties, as required by law and without your consent when it is necessary to protect our customers, employees, or property; detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; in emergency situations; or to enforce our rights under our terms of service and policies.
Please note that BeYourPossible only discloses information to our employees and third-party organizations that (1) need to know such information in order to process it on BeYourPossible’s behalf or to provide services as described above, and (2) have agreed not to disclose it to any other parties without BeYourPossible’s consent.
How We Protect and Store Your Personal Information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may need to keep your data for longer than our specified retention periods to honor your requests, including to continue keeping you opted out of marketing emails, or to comply with legal or other obligations.
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your personal information in the United States and other countries.
Your Privacy Options
You may have certain choices when it comes to how we collect and use your information:
- Email Marketing. If at any time you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online Activity Tracking. You have several options to either prevent our collection of information regarding your online activity, or prevent third parties from using such information from being used for interest-based advertisements:
You may be able to set preferences or block tracking across the internet by a particular third party by interacting directly with the third parties who conduct tracking through our Services by following the links provided above.
- You may be able to set preferences or block tracking across the internet by a particular third party by interacting directly with the third parties who conduct tracking through our Services by following the links provided above.
- You can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies across the internet. Note that if you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of our website or Services may not function properly or be available.
- If you are visiting the Services from a mobile device, the operating system of the device may offer you options regarding how the device collects and uses your information for interest-based advertising. Click here for more information.
- Disclosure to Third Parties for Marketing Purposes. You may opt-out of disclosure of your information to third parties who offer products and services you may be interested in by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Privacy Rights. Certain jurisdictions may provide additional rights to individuals with respect to the collection and use of personal information that we have collected. If these rights apply to you, and you wish to exercise your rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will evaluate your request in accordance with applicable laws.
Persons Under the Age of 18
The Site is not intended for persons under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from someone under 18 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as soon as possible and cease the use of that information in accordance with applicable law. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 18 years of age, please contact us email@example.com.
California’s “Shine the Light” law permits customers in California to request certain details about how certain types of their information are shared with third parties for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes. BeYourPossible may share information with third parties for their own marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may opt-out of such sharing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to the Policy on this page. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the bottom of the page. You are responsible for periodically visiting the Site and the Policy to check for any changes.
How to Contact BeYourPossible
Contact email@example.com when you notice any suspicious account activity or experience any information security related events.
(Latest Update: December 1, 2022).